The Swarovski Christmas tree in Pavilion KL is the tallest in Asia
Shoppers can enjoy a host of activities at the mall throughout the festive season
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur lit up its Swarovski Christmas tree on Tuesday night in the centre court, breaking a couple of records along the way. Here are a few things you need to know about the sparkly masterpiece, inspired by Swarovski's Christmas Collection that was designed with Miranda Kerr.
1. The tree is 23 metres tall.
2. It is the tallest indoor Christmas tree in Asia.
3. The tree has been recognised as the first and tallest Swarovski Christmas tree in Malaysia by the Malaysia Book of Records.
4. It is valued at approximately RM3 million.
5. The tree has more than 3,100 crystal strands.
6. All the strands hold a total of 174,853 pieces of individual crystals.
The Christmas tree isn't the only attraction this festive season. Shoppers can participate in activities and enjoy features like the artificial snowfall, held at the Bukit Bintang entrance on Level 3 at 8pm daily from 1 – 25 December. For RM5, you can hop on the Sparkling Pavilion Express (pictured below) located by the tree on level two. More family activities include writing letters to Santa, taking family Christmas portraits and scheduled photo opportunities with Santa. Proceeds from certain attractions will be donated to charity. Follow Pavilion KL on Facebook to stay informed about its Christmas events.
The Sparkling Pavilion Express (Photo: Pavilion KL)