share

Roberto Cavalli sells 90% of his company

Italian equity firm Clessidra buys Roberto Cavalli

By Liz Bautista | Published: 5 May 2015

Cavalli sells
Photo: Getty Images

After talks with a number of potential investors over several years, Roberto Cavalli has at last closed a deal to sell the majority of his business to Clessidra. The Italian equity firm now owns 90 per cent of the brand, with the remaining 10 per cent staying with the 74-year-old Italian designer.

"I am extremely satisfied to have signed this agreement with an Italian partner which, I am sure, will further develop what I have built in a lifetime," Cavalli told WWD.

And even though the brand's founder may have taken a step back, the label Roberto Cavalli seems ready to face the ever-evolving luxury market, having recently appointed Peter Dundas as its creative director and Renato Semerari as its new CEO. 

Related: Peter Dundas named new creative director for Roberto Cavalli 
Related: Roberto Cavalli AW15
Related: Just Cavalli AW15


Most Popular

Advertisement

MORE, MORE, MORE

Chanel's new watches

Chanel's new watches

The fashion house showcased the new Mademoiselle Chanel J12 alongside other gorgeous timepieces at Baselworld 2017

Jon for Bulgari

Jon for Bulgari

Actor and model Jon Kortajarena is Bulgari's new global watch ambassador

Burch apologises

Burch apologises

'Tory Story: An American Road Trip', starring Poppy Delevingne, failed to include a woman of colour

ELLE Instagram
Advertisement
#TFW Gucci

#TFW Gucci

The campaign celebrates the launch of the new Le Marché des Merveilles watch collection

ELLE Instagram