How to shop the Alexander Wang x H&M collection
It isn't just about saving up for your favourites; it's about planning ahead and beating the queue too
The Alexander Wang x H&M collection will be available to shop this Thursday, 6 November 2014, and we know you're already geared up for it. Thing is, you're not the only one who's out to get this crop top or that bodycon dress; there are thousands in Malaysia who, just like you, are eyeing the best pieces from what is probably the collab of the year.
To get you ready for the shopping experience of your life – or until another huge collaboration comes out – here's a comprehensive how-to for shopping Alexander Wang x H&M.
1. Doors open at 8am. Given the popularity of the collection, we expect the queue to already be massive by 6am. Or worse.
3. The first five shoppers in line at each store will receive a limited edition backpack chair.
4. Shoppers can only buy a maximum of two pieces per style or design. This means that you can still buy each and every item in the collection if you like, but you can't buy more than two pieces of each.
5. Shoppers in the queue will be given a coloured bracelet, which determines when it's your turn to shop in the cordoned-off area of the store. There are twelve colours, with one for each group of thirty customers. Each group has fifteen – repeat, fifteen – minutes to shop. (There will be a five-minute break between slots, presumably for staff to rearrange items for the next group.)
6. The rest of the store operates as usual, as the queuing system only applies to the Alexander Wang collection.
7. If you wish to return an item, you have until three days after the date of purchase to do so. Items must be in their original state: unworn and with their tags on. Accessories are not returnable.
8. Prices start at RM59.90 for a pair of knee-high socks, meander through the RM100-200 range (just RM149 for that top Rihanna wore), and top out at RM1,299 for a leather jacket.
Good luck, everyone, and happy shopping!