The secret language of the Louis Vuitton Capucines bag
Learn about the expert craftsmanship of the iconic fashion staple
The Louis Vuitton Capucines bag that Alicia Vikander is carrying above has become a style classic beloved by women everywhere, and this season its many new variations are sure to capture even more hearts. Here are 5 things you may not know about this new icon.
1. The name was inspired by the site of the first Louis Vuitton store, which opened on Rue des Capucines in Paris in 1854.
2. The Capucines bag is made out of Taurillon leather and lined with calfskin.
3. The design features a semi-rigid handle that is secured by jewel-like rings and an interpretation of Louis Vuitton's initials that are sheathed in bull-calf leather and inserted into claws set into the grain of the leather.
4. The bag's distinctive flap can be worn on the outside to reveal the outline of a Monogram flower, or inside to show off the classic LV initials. The bag has two spacious compartments on the inside too, allowing you ample room for your every day essentials.
5. To make your bag truely your own, you can choose to customise it in one of five different leathers, multiple colours and patterns, and even emboss it with letters. What could be better than a personalised Louis Vuitton Capucines bag? The answer is nothing.
Related: Louis Vuitton SS17
Related: Louis Vuitton takes its Spirit of Travel to Penang
post a comment