'Hateful Eight' trailer gets leaked
Not again! Quentin Tarantino's upcoming film suffers another Internet-fuelled spoiler
Quentin Tarantino's work has been let slip prematurely. After the director almost left the production of The Hateful Eight when his script leaked online, he had reconciled with the matter in April and carried on with the production.
Now, we're just bracing ourselves for when the 51-year-old decides to have a temper tantrum at the Internet's expense again when he finds out about the recently leaked trailer.
The Hateful Eight sneak peek was reportedly to be tied to prints of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For in theatres, but will not appear online. With the apparent bootlegging of the otherwise non-revelatory clip and considering Quentin's eccentricity, speculation has it that this may be a sneaky viral marketing stunt.
Anyhow, we've learned quite a bit from the trailer, which suggests that a bunch of strangers are forced to take shelter together from a blizzard, until they realise that they share a deadly connection. There's also the topic of the cast and characters – the latter is introduced in the clip, but not who plays them.
Based on the unspecific cast list shown on IMDB, these are our guesses:
1. Major Marquis Warren "The Bounty Hunter" – Samuel L. Jackson
2. John Ruth "The Hangman" – Michael Madsen
3. Daisy Domergue "The Prisoner" – Amber Tamblyn
4. Chris Mannix "The Sheriff" – Kurt Russell
5. Bob "The Mexican" – Denis Ménochet
6. Oswald Mobray "The Little Man" – Tim Roth
7. Joe Gage "The Cow Puncher" – Walton Goggins
8. General Sandy Smithers "The Confederate" – Bruce Dern
Only Denis and Bruce were credited to their characters. As for the rest, well, we'll have to wait until 2015 for Quentin's 70mm cinemascope work to be released... provided he doesn't shelf the production again.