What we know about George Clooney's wedding
All the latest news on George Clooney's forthcoming nuptials to Amal Alamuddin
We're making it easy to keep up with everything about George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's hotly anticipated wedding.
1. George proposed to Amal earlier this year after first being linked together in October last year.
2. Rumours swirled that the pair were eyeing Highclere Castle of Downton Abbey fame for their wedding location, but then the Gravity actor had a few things to say about that...
3. George slammed the Daily Mail, and along with it rumours about the Downton Abbey location, Amal being pregnant, and the bride-to-be mother's objection of the marriage. The Daily Mail apologised afterwards, but George slammed that down, too.
4. An aunt of George's has suggested that Brad Pitt may most likely be her nephew's best man.
5. The groom may be dressed in Giorgio Armani at his big day after a source revealed that a team from the fashion house visited George's Lake Como home for a fitting. (This has been more recently confirmed by Giorgio himself after his SS15 show at Milan Fashion Week).
6. The wedding affair will be reportedly small and intimate (no surprise if this is true), and on a privately booked island in Italy.
7. George and Amal have obtained their marriage license, as you may be able to confirm yourself if you went to Chelsea Town Hall in London and had a look at the publically displayed list of marriage announcements.
8. Amal Alamuddin has been spotted at Alexander McQueen's East London offices with her mother, Baria. Speculation has it that the human rights lawyer was there to pick out a wedding dress by the label that the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton wore for her own wedding. It could be that Amal was only there to shop for her everyday wardrobe (or maybe her mother is the one who will wear McQueen), but two weeks to the wedding is just too timely an event to be spending an hour and a half (in a fitting session, maybe?) at the designer label's HQ.
9. In case you marked 20 September on your calendar, you should know that amendments are due, as sources have revealed that George and Amal will be wed on 27 September, instead.
10. Already setting the tone for the festivities is this little piece of news: the groom-to-be has ordered a hundred cases of tequila. And he's had them flown from California to Italy on a private jet. How many of us can say we've flown from Cali to Italy on a private jet?
11. Two hotels have reportedly been booked by the couple; Hotel Cipriani and Aman Canal Grande (below, left to right respectively), both of which are in Venice and are not too far from each other. We suspect that one will be for a speculated 'casual' dinner, and the other for the nuptials itself.
Photo: Getty Images
12. Amal has arrived in Italy ahead of both the wedding and the groom, and was seen carrying a huge black box, presumably containing her wedding dress. If it's not, then it could be that the dress is in one of the six other suitcases she and her mother were juggling at the airport.
And finally, the big day...
George and Amal finally said their I-dos on Saturday evening, 27 September at the Aman Canal Grande Hotel, where family and friends celebrated with the couple. The intimate ceremony was also attended by Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Emily Blunt, John Krasinki, Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber and Bono.
On Sunday, the newlyweds stepped out to greet fans and paparazzi alike as they took a ride – looking as stylish as ever – on a boat ride around Venice. Only the world's most eligible bachelor, well, former eligible bachelor can turn a whole city into a celebration for him and his new wife. Congratulations to the happy (and very good-looking) couple!