All the details on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's wedding
What did the bride wear? Who attended the festivities? All the answers here, plus their wedding photo
Finally, George Clooney has been swept off his feet by beautiful human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, and they've wed in a weekend-long ceremony that had us wondering if the celebration would ever die down. Proving to be quite the wedding of the year, the nuptials of Mr. and Mrs. Clooney charmed the world (and us) with its stylish outfits, star-studded guest list and romantic location.
1. Remember when we said Amal was spotted at Alexander McQueen's office? It turns out that she did wear a dress from the fashion house, but it wasn't her wedding dress. Instead, the Alexander McQueen gown was for her rehearsal dinner wardrobe at Hotel Cipriani on Friday night.
2. Amal's actual wedding dress was designed by Oscar de la Renta. According to PEOPLE Magazine, who has exclusive rights to all the wedding photos, the bride wore the off-shoulder French lace gown with pearl and diamond accents to the reception, which was held at the Aman Canal Grande. Her dashing groom was dressed in a Giorgio Armani suit.
3. Guests at the reception included celebrity friends like Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Emily Blunt, John Krasinki, Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber and Bono.
4. On Sunday, George and Amal took a sight-seeing cruise on the Grand Canal (or rather, it was the paparazzi and fan's opportunity to see celebrities), but not without blowing everyone away again with their outfits. The actor's new bride wore a lovely Giambattista Valli dress as she flashed her delicate, diamond-encrusted wedding band. We noticed that Amal seems to be favouring waterfall hems, since the aforementioned McQueen dress also had a waterfall hem, albeit longer.
5. Despite the lengthy celebration, the two weren't officially wed until their civil ceremony at the Venice City Hall on Monday. Amal was photographed wearing a classy, wide-legged jumpsuit, in white of course for the event.
post a comment