Review: Angel Lash Lounge
Eyelashes that will have you going #iwokeuplikethis
What it is
Angel Lash Lounge
15-1, Jalan Solaris 3, Solaris Mont Kiara, 504580, Kuala Lumpur
11am to 7pm, daily
Why it's special
Angel Lash Lounge is the sister company of Angelash Eyelash Extension in Bangkok Lane, Penang. Stylists are trained to customise eyelash designs based on each individual eye shape through a combination of techniques taken from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan.
Five reasons why we like it
1. It's the perfect place to unwind. Angel Lash Lounge's cosy yet elegant robin blue and white interior will make you feel like you're relaxing at a friend's home. You'll be offered a pair of bedroom slippers to change into the moment you arrive along with a pot of fragrant floral tea to sip on throughout the consultation process. Once you're done with your eyelash session, you'll be served a warm bowl of bird's nest soup to enjoy.
2. You won't get recliner chairs here. The treatment beds (yes, beds complete with a thick fluffy comforter and a customised neck support pillow) are so plush and soothing (rivaling those of five star hotels, I dare say) that it's impossible not to drift off to sleep during the session which will take approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
3. No two designs are the same. There's a whole range of eyelash styles and options to choose from: matte or glossy finishes, curl, length, amount, volume, shape and even colour. I opted for glossy lashes in a medium curl and length with pink highlights – 80 individual fibers per eye. The end result? Longer, darker, lusher fluttery lashes that eliminated the need for eye makeup while looking completely natural.
4. Knowledgeable and helpful stylists. I had a ton of questions and reservations since it was my first time getting my lashes done but I was immediately put at ease by my stylist who gave me a detailed walk through the process and aftercare procedure. She also really studied my lashes before recommending a design that she felt would be the most flattering for my sleepy eyes.
5. Hygiene. Angel Lash Lounge uses strictly fiber lashes instead of lashes made from animal hair so you can be assured of the hygiene standards.
It has only been two weeks since I got my lashes done. So far, so good. There's minimal fall out and no prickly annoying strands poking me in the eye contrary to horror stories that I've heard (they're meant to last up to six weeks).
There's no turning back once you've gone over to the dark side. Eyelash extensions are frankly, life-changing. Your makeup time is cut in half and your confidence doubles because hey, #iwokeuplikethis. All I did was wake up, brush them out and I'm on my way.
The only downside is the upkeep. If you're a lazy girl like me, you'll dread having to bench your trusty one-stop oil-cleansers and putting extra care into how you wash your face. But for lashes with extra oomph and effortlessly great selfies? I'd say that's a fair trade-off.
Call them at 011-1008 6880 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a session.